Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 in review.

Hello! So I haven't been posting as frequent as I hoped to as I've been busy with working part-time.

Just last weekend, I was working as a carpark assistant for 2 days. You know, the person who sits near the carpark gantry.. yeah that was me haha. I was monitoring the barrier arm movement because it was unresponsive at times, usually due to human error though, so I was there to resolve the problem. As I was not properly trained on how to correct it, when there was a problem, I was really panicky and stressed - imagine a long queue of cars/motorcycles behind waiting to exit the carpark and you are there making a phone call to the technician to learn on-the-job how to fix the issue.. So after a few times, I was okay with it already. But that was already my 2nd day at work haha. Anyway I was doing this part-time job for my OCIP canvassing.

Now, I've been doing this promoter job at Megatex with Amanda. Yay! Hahaha we're finally working together hohoho. Yeah she introduced me to the job. :D Thanks Amanda, if you're reading this haha.

So anyway I digress. Because as the title of the post suggests, I was supposed to be writing about 2014 in review. Kay I shall begin haha.

2014 has been a year with many changes. I'm not sure if I've said this for other years before, but this one year has been one that contrasts starkly from many others.

Started off the year with myself doing a teaching internship under MOE at Bedok North Secondary School. Which is also where I met my roomie Thiri.

Moving on, I did a law internship with PBSO for two weeks, through MJC's Industrial Attachment Programme (or whatever it's called 'coz I can't really remember).

Then I think I slacked around for a few months (?) and then finally took up a proper part-time cashiering job at Cold Storage for about 1.5 months and also doing a data entry/registration job at FHA/WSA 2014 at Expo for about a week. Sometime during this period, my maid left and we decided not to hire any maids permanently. That's when household chores became a compulsory part of life.

Visited my sister in Australia in July. Went for FOCs as well.

Started uni life - schooling at NTU and hall life. A brand new experience (like duh lol). Hall life i.e. living independently started out fine for me. 'Adapting' and 'getting used to' was one big excuse I used to convince myself regarding my terrible academic performance. My mind wasn't on learning or anything else. I just couldn't absorb stuff as quickly as I could. Maybe 8 months of break took a toll on my learning abilities or something. Anyway in case you're wondering why I sound so depressed, it's because I just received my results today. Urgh they're bad. I must work harder next sem. Pull that GPA up by a whole lot more. :/

So then, my holiday came and here's where I am now.

Oh, and just a few days ago, my parents got a new car. Not because we're rich, but the COE for our old Picnic was expiring in a few months' time.

And uni life kinda sucks a lot of money out of you or maybe something else is. Expenses increasing exponentially, and things which I wanna/need to spend on are not properly valued too. Part-time jobs are all the more crucial during long term breaks.

Yeah, so this basically sums up my entire year I think. Kinda exciting actually, but a year that I may have played a bit too much when I should have been studying. Time to get my priorities right.

To a better year ahead! & To a better GPA!

(yes studies first).

No comments:

Post a Comment